As a fully qualified Blue Badge Guide for Cumbria, I can show you how to make the most of your stay in this scenic and historic part of England, whatever your interests might be.
My background is in research and environmental interpretation. I recently produced a series of well-received leaflets on Cumbrian products – Cumberland sausage, real ale, honey, damsons, fell sheep, wool and many other traditional products (www.annagray.co.uk). I also researched extensively for Cumbria Tourism’s Sense of Place project (www.golakes.co.uk) and provided text for the Discover Carlisle website (www.discovercarlisle.co.uk), the Roman Gateway panels and the Carlisle Heritage leaflet.
I can honestly claim to know Cumbria in some detail – its rich history and heritage, geology and industry, culture and traditions, people and wildlife, and its hidden treasures and quirky curiosities − and what better way to impart that knowledge to you than through the trained skills of a Blue Badge Guide.
- I am happy to organise half day, full day or multi-day tours to suit your requirements. Personalised itineraries can be developed for any group size, such as:
- informal and entertaining coach or minibus commentaries
- leisurely country or town walks
- special interest tours
- research into family history with site visits
- hospitality visits for business or conference delegates
- fact-finding trips for journalists
Rates are £210 for a full day, £150 for a half day within Cumbria.
Outside Cumbria, rates are negotiable depending on requirements.